The Roundabout Rollerball Pen - Seaside Glass
Indulge in a joyful writing experience that transports you back to the age of when you first put pen to paper. The Roundabout Rollerball Pen unites the convenience and accessibility of a ballpoint pen with the customizability of using fountain pen inks. Explore our world of colour with the Roundabout pen.
With it’s easy to use rollerball tip, and a refillable ink converter, anyone can enjoy the dazzling spectrum of colours in the Ferris Wheel Press universe. The Roundabout pen is compatible with all fountain pen friendly inks, and can be filled and refilled over and over again.
Bring your brightest ideas to life with the spirit of the carnival.
- Capping Mechanism: Air-sealed click locking cap
- Capped length: 128mm
- Posted Length: 128mm
- Body: Acrylic blend with gloss finish
- Rollerball Tip: 0.6mm fine width
- Converter: Unfilled standard international size converter
Once Upon a Design
Forging ahead on our mission to help the world Fall in Love with Writing Again, we’ve created two brand new writing instruments that capture your most magical memories of the midway. The design of the Carousel and Roundabout pens draw inspiration from this nostalgic carnival ride, where the dreams of going round and round and round, like our creativity, never ends.
Sharing the same body and silhouette, The Carousel fountain pen and Roundabout rollerball pen are launching in 6 gorgeous colours. Each pen comes equipped with its own ink converter, ready to be filled and refilled all over again with your favourite Ferris Wheel Press Ink.
Notable design motifs:
Unique 12-sided bollard cap inspired by memories of the merry-go-round and complete with lovely debossed typography
Hexagonal grip section drawing from the nuts and bolts of Ferris Wheel Press’ history in printmaking
A rollerball tip that can be used to directly draw ink from a bottle, or through the converter for smaller vessels
Circular wordmark debossed into the scalloped base of the body
The Roundabout Rollerball Pen comes with an unfilled ink converter. When filling ink for the first time, please allow up to 1 day for the feeder mechanism to become fully saturated
Filling/Changing Ink Colours:
- Unscrew the barrel from the grip mechanism.
- Submerge the rollerball tip fully into warm water. Flush the tip by twisting/untwisting the converter mechanism until the water runs clear.
- Allow to dry overnight.
- Fill a new colour by submerging the black rollerball tip fully into the ink, then draw the ink into your Roundabout by twisting the converter until you’ve reached the top position.
- For heavily saturated inks and darker tones or clogged tips, you may need to soak the grip/feeder in water overnight
- It is normal for some air bubbles to enter the converter when refilling ink
- Best for use with non-sparkling inks